Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Our yellow lab, Sam, suprised a skunk last week. The first time in a long time. I had just found this recipe for a skunk odor wash. I worked better than the tomato juice I remember trying last time and is less expensive than the product from the veterinarian.

1 pint hydrogen peroxide
1 box baking soda
1 pint water
2 TBSP dish soap

Mix thoroughly and rub into your dog's fur. Rinse well.
This recipe will treat 1 small dog. You may need up to 3 recipes for a large dog.

I thought I'd share this recipe as we experienced "perfumed" air during the night when we stayed with Emily last week. I plan to keep the ingredients for this stuff on hand at all times.

1 comment:

  1. our dog got sprayed as well about a month ago now...we used this recipe and it did work! however not totally. when he gets wet you really smell him-the skunk that is! the dog was in our house the next day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget