Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Tomatoes!



My tomatoes never did ripen on the vine.  In my three years of growing tomatoes they never have for me.  I'll fix that one of these years.  I had beautiful plants this year.  It was a wonderful summer for them.  I picked bags and bags and bags of green tomatoes.  What is on my table in the picture is just a small portion of what I picked.  This fall I have canned 36 quarts of salsa.  We ran out in March last year, didn't want that to happen again.  My personal favorite recipe is a pouch of Mrs. Wages.  I like it, and its super easy.  The packets in my photo are my last I have on hand.  Spaghetti sauce is next!
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW...fabulous. Would love to try some of your salsa and spaghetti sauce.. Perhaps I can when I come for a visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you coming? I still have some bags of green/yellow tomatoes so I bet we could make a few batches for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karla said something about MEA weekend?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget