Thursday, December 30, 2010

Eye Pillow

I made a few of these for my soap gift baskets I gave at Christmas.  It was very simple and seems like such a nice little luxury. 

For the filling I mixed split peas and lentils in a bowl(I used what I had on hand.  Using flax seed or buckwheat are popular too).  I added some dried lavender and chamomile.  Last I sprinkled about 10 drops of lavender essential oil(more or less to your taste or to what scent you use).  Stir it up and place about a cup into a pillow.




For the pillow size I looked online for some directions.  My search came up with different rectangle sizes.  Some 8x4 or 12x3...so do whatever you want.  If you make it long enough it would fit nicely on your neck too.  I also made a slip cover for the pillow.  Then it can be washed when needed.



Place your pillow in the freezer until you want to use it for a headache or to relax.  Should be fine to microwave too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget