Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Knit Dishcloth

Rating: Easy

Material: Yarn that is 100% cotton and size 6 or 7 needles(US)

Instructions:
Cast on 4 stitches
Row 1:  Knit 4
Row 2:  Knit 2, yarn over, knit across the row
Repeat Row 2 until you have 44 stitches(for a dishcloth) on the needle.
Row 3:  Knit 1, knit 2 together, yarn over, knit 2 together, knit to end of the row.
Repeat Row 3 until you have 4 stitches on the needle.
Bind off

More patterns at Dishcloth Patterns


*I did 54 stitches for a washcloth.
*I had a problem where I kept ending with 5 stitches left.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.  To solve the problem I did the last row with knit 2 together, yarn over, knit 2 together.  Then I had 4 stitches and I casted off. You end up with a nice corner to hang the washcloth on a hook.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget