Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Liquid Soap

All Natural Liquid Soap using the homemade bar soap I made.
I have been meaning to make this for quite some time now.  Since I needed to do anything other than knit a washcloth I decided I would finally try to it today(though I need to take a break from soaps and lotions and make cookies I am told by my 4 year old.)


Recipe:
2 c. grated soap(about 2 bars)
1 T. of Palm Oil
1/2 tsp. glycerin
2 1/2-3 c. Water
1 tsp. vodka
1-1 1/2 tsp of an essential oil



Heat the grated soap, palm oil, glycerin and water in double boiler until soap is melted.
Add the vodka. 
When slightly cooled add the essential oils.


Pour into soap dispenser.

Note about palm oil.  This is a really popular oil in soap making.  Lots of recipes call for it.  It is however hard to find in stores.  Something about being  bad for you or something.  However, take a trip down your natural section of the your grocery store.  Check out their oils.  The oil that is called all vegetable shortening is in fact palm oil(it should say so on the ingredient list).



This soap is nice and creamy and really soft on your skin.  I am liking it.  Seems a little too nice for my kitchen sink.  I need to find some cool soap dispensers.  Right now I just reuse old plastic containers.  This could possibly be an addition to my soap baskets I am putting together for Christmas.
This website http://www.pvsoap.com/homepage.htm is where I got this recipe.  There are also other recipes on here for various beauty products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget