Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Lotion Bar

Today I made a lotion bar.  The plan is to give this along side my homemade soap.....and a homemade washcloth(I will get it done, I will get it done).  This recipe was very simple and easy.  I can see that is will be very good on dry skin.  The recipe is as follows: 
3 oz. of sunflower oil
3 oz. cocoa, butter
3 oz. of beeswax
About 1 Tbls. of an essential oil if you would like



I melted all the ingredients together on the stove top using a double boiler.  When it was melted I poured the liquid into a mold(the same handy tupperware I picked up at a rummage and use for my soap).  I stuck it in the fridge to harden faster.  It didn't take long.  Now I have the bars laying out to dry some more.
I was going to add lavender oil to this.  However between the cocoa butter and the beeswax it smells really good!

Homemade soap, lotion bar, and dried roses

2 comments:

  1. beautiful. Think I would like to try this.!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it! It was so simple, especially since it only needed 3 ingredients. It made about 3 good size bars.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget