Monday, January 31, 2011

I'll Take a Scotch... Make it a double!



[Butterscotch...that is...]

Stay at home parenting can be a lot of things: relaxing, the opposite of relaxing, fun, lonesome...but I have found it can also be extraordinarily...delicious! I have spent a lot of time prepping marvelous nutritious meals for my family in addition to finding new recipes for very unhealthy baked goods. Here is one of my favorites.

I love butterscotch but am not the biggest fan of oatmeal scotchies, the predominant designation of the butterscotch chip. In my pursuit of a cookie of a different sort, I found the following recipe. It is artery clogging, melt-away buttery fantabulous! [ I will include a link to the website in which I found this recipe below it.] I have made this recipe at least 10 times this winter--I'm sure it will be made a few more times in the months of winter that follow! I found adding 2 cups of flour made a more reliable cookie. Happy baking!


Ingredients

Makes about 30 cookies
  • 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 1/4 cups dark-brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
  • 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for shaping
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup finely chopped pecans

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat; set aside.
  2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in egg, dry milk, and vanilla.
  3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer running, slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture. Fold in pecans.
  4. Drop heaping tablespoons of batter onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Lightly flour your fingers and press each piece of batter into a 3-inch circle.
  5. Transfer to oven and bake until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/schraffts-butterscotch-cookies

1 comment:

  1. Oops! Forgot to mention that, although the recipe does not call for it, I also throw in about one handful of butterscotch chips to the dough!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget