Sunday, January 9, 2011

Knit Hat


I decided my next knitting project was going to be a baby hat.  I have to say it went really good!  The pattern I found was really simple.  This was my first time using the purl stitch.  I fumbled with it a bit but after a few rows it became easier.  This took me about three days.  For a beginner I thought that was quick.   I didn't work at it all day and night either, just here and there. 
I found the pattern at Hooked On Needles

I used number 7 needles and a medium weight yarn. 

The pattern is as follows:

Cast on 64 stitches

Work Knit 2, Purl 2 for 2 inches

Knit Stockinette Stitch for 2 1/2 inches

Starting the decrease:

Beginning on a knit row, K2TOG every 8th stitch(knit the last stitch)
Purl the next row
K2TOG every 7th stitch(knit the last stitch)
Purl next row
Continue this pattern with  K2TOG every 6th stitch, 5th, 4th, 3rd, and 2nd.  Purling between each knit row.
Stop when you are done with K2TOG every 2nd stitch.

Cut yarn leaving a long tail which you will use to sew the seam. Thread a blunt darning needle with this long tail and run the needle through the remaining stitches. Draw the stitches together and secure. Using the same long tail still on the darning needle, sew the seam. Weave in ends.

The hat with the cuff rolled down

I have to say I am VERY grateful to all the people who post tutorials on the Internet.  I never would have gotten this far at any of this knitting stuff if it wasn't for videos on you tube, video jug, and other sites!

2 comments:

  1. nice emily! i am doing a pay it forward.. if you look at my post, i have one more person that can join mine.. you seem like you would be the PERFECT person to do this.. :)

    btw.. how do i post something here? is this for everyone, or just you to post stuff?

    thanks for all your creative ideas! you are awesome..

    Pam Bertilrud

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pam! This is for everyone! You do need to be added as an author to post, but you already are. You have to sign in when you want to post, upper right hand corner. I think it's there where you go into your dashboard and you can add a new post.
    I will look into your post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget