Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Slush Punch

Last fall I made this punch for a birthday party.  It was a hit!  With another party coming up this weekend I was going to find a new punch recipe(one that is green that can be a "kelp shake" for our Spongebob theme).  When looking though I was asked by Travis if I would be making the really good punch I made last time.  I guess that helps me decide what to make!  However, this time I will try lime gelatin, so I can get that green color I want. 
You do want to make this punch a day or two ahead, as it has to freeze.  I find that handy anyway, who wants to be making everything the day of the party.  At the bottom is the link to where I found the recipe.  There are lots of reviews and suggestions by other people who have tried it.

I will hopefully get a picture up after Saturday!

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups white sugar

6 cups water

2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry flavored gelatin mix

1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice

2/3 cup lemon juice

1 quart orange juice

2 (2 liter) bottles lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage

Directions

1.In a large saucepan, combine sugar, water, and strawberry flavored gelatin. Boil for 3 minutes. Stir in pineapple juice, lemon juice, and orange juice. Divide mixture in half, and freeze in 2 separate containers.

2.When ready to serve, place the frozen contents of one container in a punch bowl, and stir in 1 bottle of lemon-lime soda until slushy.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Luscious-Slush-Punch/Detail.aspx

I used melon fusion gelatin.  Didn't get as green as I wanted, but still gave me a seaweed color for our "kelp shakes".  The flavor still tasted great and that's the most important part!

1 comment:

  1. sounds good, soon we can make rhubarb slushes. !!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget