Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bread, En français s'il vous plaît


Love of Loaves

I love a good chewy crust and meltaway center of the perfect baguette. I've tried a few recipes for French bread and my old fave was great for same day eating. Now I'm armed with a new recipe that makes a fantastic french bread for melting the butter in a just out of the oven way that keeps well for days beyond. I like a recipe that can be thrown together in the bread machine for mixing, kneading, and for the first rising and this one suited me perfectly.

I baked this recipe on Monday to serve with pasta and marinara. It had a golden chewy crust and perfect center. On Tuesday, it made great bread for dipping in our turkey-barley-spinach soup and today (Wednesday) I shared my favorite 'school lunch' of Italian Dunkers with my girls. They were fans! I even have some bread left that will make excellent croutons. I think this bread would make a great french toast, as well.

Some variances I made to the recipe include having it rise on a row of corn meal after I'd rolled and formed the baguettes. I then transferred the loaves onto my pizza stone for a non-stick trick and it worked perfectly! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Here's the link to the recipe:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recipe! I tried it yesterday, the bread was very good!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget