Friday, June 17, 2011

Sangria

Sangria is one of my favorite summertime drinks! 

The way I make this drink is:
Fill a pitcher about half full of wine
The other half sprite
Ice
I throw in some frozen fruit from my freezer.
If I have some on hand I cut some slices of an orange, lemon, or lime.
Stir, pour into glass, and ENJOY!

The variations for this drink are endless!  You can use red wine, white wine, sierra mist, club soda, ginger ale, and almost any fruit you desire.  I find picking up a bag of frozen mixed fruit from the freezer section works great(and then I always have fruit on hand).  The original recipe I had called for a jar of maraschino cherries.    
*A tip I was given was to use a diet soda to tone down the sweetness. 

6 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget