Friday, July 22, 2011

{RASPBERRY} MEGA POST!

{Update on my raspberries!}
I have to share the pictures.  The color from the berries is just wonderful!

~Sweet Raspberry Iced Tea~

4 quarts water
1 1/2 cups sugar
12 oz. of raspberries(frozen or fresh)
10 tea bags
1/4 cup lemon juice

Place water and sugar on stove and bring to a boil. Cook until sugar is dissolved.  Turn off heat.  Add tea bags, berries, and lemon juice, cover, and steep for 3 minutes.  Chill and serve with ice!  {It was refreshing!}

Enhanced by Zemanta
~Raspberry Sauce~

 2 pints of raspberries and 1/4 cup sugar(I added a bit more for my taste)
Combine in saucepan.


Cook until raspberries are broken down, about 10 minutes.
Add lemon juice.


Strain


 ENJOY!
I've been enjoying it with some ice cream and a little chocolate sauce, mmmmm!



Raspberry Vinaigrette
I used the recipe from a blueberry vinaigrette we made last summer.

1/2 c. Raspberries
1/4 c. vinegar
few tablespoons of oil
sugar to taste
salt to taste
chopped onion
Blend.

If I remember right we found a base recipe off the Internet and Reenie tweaked....so feel free to tweak at your own taste!




Such a nice way to use local produce in a different way!



~Raspberry Creamsicles~

 The kids loved helping on this one!


So I pretty much just winged this recipe : )  Had my bowl of raspberries, added some cream, little sugar to taste and stirred it up. 


And placed in my popsicle makers.


After barely freezing(cause that was just too long for some people here) it seemed to be a hit!

I did find this recipe for raspberry creamsicles....a "real" recipe.

My goal is to make a batch of jam today!

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget