Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cinnamon Granola


A few days ago I decided to step up my granola recipe a notch.  Boy, was it worth it!  All I did was add a few teaspoons of cinnamon to the dry ingredients of my original recipe.  It turned out DELICIOUS!! 
Recipe as follows:


4 cups oats

1 cup chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, whatever...I often use a combo of 2)

1/2 cup sunflower seeds

1/2 cup ground flax (have seen wheat germ also added)

1 cup coconut (I'll be honest I have never added this.....not popular in my house)

1/2 cup sesame seeds (another confession, I ALWAYS forget to buy this one....so I add a few more sunflower seeds)

1/2 tsp salt

FEW TEASPOONS OF CINNAMON



1/2 cup honey

1/2 cup molasses or maple syrup
1/2 vegetable oil (try safflower oil)

1 T vanilla



In a large bowl, blend dry ingredients. Gently heat honey, molasses, and oil in sauce pan. Add vanilla.

Blend dry ingredients well with liquid. Spread on a large cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes. Let cool(it will harden). Store in air tight container.



Some tips-

-Use old fashioned rolled oats. They are bigger.

-Measure oil in glass measuring cup, then use the same cup for the honey and molasses. The sticky ingredients will easily roll out of the oily cup. 

Cooking At Café D

6 comments:

  1. okay, will try it with the maple syrup, thought the molasses was too strong the other time i tried it. thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that sounds tasty!

    I make a honey cookie that is a dump and stir. I out pretty much the same stuff in!

    Thanks so much for linking up to our Friday FREE-FOR-ALL!

    If you haven't already, stop back to check out the new entries and click the "like" button to vote for those you like. We'll see who the favs are later this week.

    All the best,
    ~ Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget