Sunday, August 7, 2011

Raspberry Muffins

I found this recipe at http://www.allrecipes.com/
 Easy to make and very tasty, though I thought they tasted better after they cooled.

2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 cup sugar

2 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

6 tablespoons butter

1 egg, lightly beaten

1 cup buttermilk

1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (thaw and drain frozen berries)


In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. (I mixed it). Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

Add egg and buttermilk, (I lightly beat my egg in the buttermilk); mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in berries.

Fill greased or paper-line muffin cups 2/3rds full. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 min or until browned.

I used a generous cup of the raspberries.
~Karla






I made blueberry and raspberry muffins, both were a hit!  I also did not have buttermilk on hand so did the lemon juice/milk combo ~Emily

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget