Thursday, December 1, 2011

Homemade Cinnamon Ornaments


Continuing on with my homemade inspired Christmas.  We made cinnamon ornaments the other day.  Oh my, do they smell just wonderful hanging on the tree!

The recipe for this ornament is everywhere on the Internet.  I took my version from Martha Stewart's website.  She makes really fancy looking bird ornaments with glitter.  I was going for something a little more simple.  I stuck to just my cookie cutters. 
The kids really enjoyed making these.  My 9 year old really took over and pretty much did it all herself. 

Here's the recipe.

1 cup cinnamon
1/4 applesauce
1/2 cup glue
(I sprinkled a little clove in there as well, I have a soft spot for that scent!)

Mix cinnamon and applesauce.  Add the glue.  Place dough on plastic wrap.  Then place another sheet of plastic wrap on top of the dough(keeps your rolling pin clean).  Roll out. 
I found the thicker you left the dough the nicer the ornament turned out.  Cut with your cookie cutter.  Don't forget to make a hole on top for string! 
Place in oven at 200 degrees for 2 hours.  Or air dry for a day, flipping occasionally.

That's it!  Enjoy the wonderful smell of cinnamon all over your house!


I came across this website today.  It's fun with lots of homemade bath and body recipes.  She also has some ideas for homemade gifts.  Worth a look if you are still looking for ideas!  Or just look cause its fun to look.

6 comments:

  1. I would love for you to stop by and link up your ornaments to my 25 Days of Christmas Ornaments linky party.
    http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com/2011/11/25-days-of-christmas-ornaments-linky.html
    Thanks,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made ornaments this week too. My kids had a blast painting them! I bet these smell delightful!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget