Friday, December 9, 2011

{Oil Cleansing} Method

The other day I was reading away and I came across an article about cleaning your face with oil.  Not soap, but oil.  This article peaked my interest.  I have various types of oils on hand so I thought I'd give it a shot. Wow, did my face feel soft afterwards!  I loved it!  And so I feel I need to share!

You start off massaging your face with a combo of oils.  Castor oil being one of the oils (it has antibacterial effects) and an oil like olive oil, almond oil, or avocado oil(or all of them).  Once you have massaged it all over your face.  Take a washcloth and heat it up with warm water.  Place washcloth over your face and let it sit for a few moments.  Let the steam do it's job.  Then when the towel feels cool gently wipe off.  You face should feel soft...and hopefully you won't even find need for extra moisturizer!

What oils you use is up to you.  It depends what kind of money you want to spend, if you have oily skin, dry skin, aging skin and so on.  The basic recipe says to combine a 3:1 ratio.  Castor oil : To another oil.  Castor oil can also be drying.  If you tend to have dry skin already you might want to switch it to a 1:1 ratio.  Everyone has different skin so you have to play around with it.  Tweak it.  Do a little research on the oils out  

It is SO worth it!  You know exactly what's going on your skin.  

Just a few oil options:

I didn't realize this until I did some research but a lot of these oils can help protect your skin from UV rays. 

You can also kick it up a notch by adding some drops of an essential oil like lavender, rose, or carrot seed to name a few.



 Original Website on the Oil Cleansing Method

Website that reviews this method of cleaning(and also lots of other fun homemade bath and body stuff!)

Another website reviewing the method.

I hope you enjoy this natural way to pamper your skin like I do!

Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget