Applying Past Projects to New Media: Aunt Patty's paper dyeing trick applied to the Easter Egg!
Dyeing the Easter eggs always provides opportunities for exploration, science, mess and fun! This year we tried the shaving cream/neon food coloring trick on our white eggs...and it worked! Brilliantly!
1. Spread cheap white shaving cream in a cookie sheet
2. Apply drops of neon food coloring across surface
3. Use toothpicks to swirl colors around
4. Roll the dried, cooled hardboiled eggs in the colorful cream (we used disposable kitchen gloves to reduce the tattoo effect)
5. Allow to set for 3-4 minutes on a paper plate
6. Wipe off shaving cream with paper toweling
7. Rinse! Voila! Beautiful marbleized eggs, done quickly!