Monday, November 5, 2012

Bottle Cap Ornaments

Pin It


My main craft was the bottle cap ornaments.  I found the idea on pinterest.  I would link to the source, but the picture on pinterest doesn't direct me to a website.   I winged it on directions.

I have been collecting bottle caps all summer for something like this.  The supplies I used were:
awl,
 hammer, 
piece of wood to pound on,
pliers(handy if you can get two) 
bottle caps, 
jump rings, 
rock gems you can get at the dollar store, 
variety of papers, 
and I also had a machine that cut nice perfect circles and letters for me.

Awl, hammer, board, bottle caps, jump ring, and pliers.

 Hammer some holes on two opposite sides of the bottle cap.  Just big enough to fit the jump ring through.
With your pliers attach the jumpers.  For the inside of the bottle cap use your creativity.  



I was able to use a die cut machine to cut out my circles and letters.  Modge podge or a glue gun worked.  Adding the dollar store gems gives you a magnified look.


And who doesn't have a few buttons to spare?  


I also added a little interest by attaching a wire of beads to a jump ring on the button.  

Last year we had fun making our own ornaments for our Christmas tree.  So much so that we are doing it again this year.  Some might think its a little early to get started on Christmas but when it comes to handmade Christmas I don't think it's ever too early!

One ornament down!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget