Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Homemade Body Scrubs

Make your own body scrub with only a few ingredients.  It's super easy and feels so nice!
Like I have said numerous times before.  There is nothing better then knowing EXACTLY what you are putting on your body.  Most the time we focus on what we put in our body but remember our skin is our biggest organ!!
Using an exfoliant on your skin will help remove old skin, leave the skin feeling soft, and help release toxins.  All the while using other healthy ingredients you are putting good stuff back into your skin.

You will need an oil and an exfoliant.  You could also add essential oils and/or dried herbs.

Use any carrier oil to your liking.  In my stash I have apricot oil, coconut oil, castor oil, and olive oil.  Some others off the top of my head would be almond oil and avocado oil.  Use what you like or what you have on hand.  I use olive oil a lot because I can get it at a really good price so I don't feel too stingy using it.  It's great in the winter when dry skin is a bother.  The olive oil applies thicker.
I do love all the oils though!
Since I use these oils in numerous ways my stash keeps on growing.  I figure it's no different than spending money on some expensive face cream, right?!


Next pick an exfoliant.  I am using white sugar here.  You can use brown sugar, a coarse salt, and even coffee grounds(Benefits of coffee grounds.)  


I added crushed lavender.


 And dried chamomile.


Stirring the dried herbs into the sugar.



I then poured enough oil to just moisten the sugar. 


To finish it off I added a few drops of lavender essential oil.
You could add some vanilla, lemon juice, or any other essential oil.

It smelled heavenly!

My little bowl here will be enough for a couple uses.  

The perfect storage container would make this a wonderful gift for someone special.


The different varieties of scrub combos you can make are just about endless.  For the most part you should always be able to make a scrub with ingredients you already have on hand.
Other combos I have used and I like are brown sugar with vanilla or clove.  Coconut oil and lime(that's my favorite right now cause it reminds me of warmer weather!!)

~Emily
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget