Thursday, April 11, 2013

Salt Body Scrub

Pin ItThis is a little addition to my post on body scrubs.


When I go to health stores I love to look in the bulk section to see what kind of fun teas, dried herbs, or spices they might have.  The other day when I was there I found coarse sea salt!  I got excited!  I have been wanting to try a salt rub but I keep reading in various places not to use table salt.  Sea salt just kept getting forgotten on the shopping list.  Coming upon this sea salt was wonderful!

Sea salt has a lot of benefits for our body, both inside and out.  It is filled with all sorts of minerals that get sifted out of regular table salt.


Something tropical was on my mind.  

I got out a little coconut oil and melted it down.  Then grabbed my lime peel essential oil.



Sorry I don't have measurements.  I really winged it.  I didn't want to make a big batch, so a little of this and a little of that is all I did.


Few drops of lime.


This is what Mountain Rose Herbs has to say about the essential oil of Lime Peel.

Lime Peel Essential Oil


Botanical Name: Citrus aurantifolia
Common Method Of Extraction: Cold pressed
Parts Used: Fruit peel
Note Classification: Top
Aroma: Tart, sweet citrus
Largest Producing Countries: Mexico, USA, and Italy
Traditional Use: Lime has similar uses as Lemon oil.
Properties: Antibacterial, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral, aperitif, astringent, bactericidal, carminative, deodorant, febrifuge, restorative, tonic
Benefits: Boils, brittle nails, colds, corns, cuts, fever, infection, insect bites, lmouth ulcers, nosebleeds, oily skin, poor circulation, stomach cramps, warts. Lime oil can be used in any blend you would add lemon oil to. The aroma is more tart but still very refreshing.
Blends Well With: Citronella, clary sage, lavender, neroli, nutmeg, rosemary, vanilla, ylang ylang
Of Interest: In folklore Lime oil is believed to cleanse and renew the spirit and mind.
Safety Data: Phototoxic.






I wish you could smell this, mmmm!




Place some of your scrub on a loofah sponge or washcloth and enjoy!


Dream of a place where it is warm {sigh}.


Mountain Rose Herbs is where I like to buy my essential oils.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget